Signage at weddings is so important. Don’t overlook this detail as it really sets the tone for when your guests first enter any part of your wedding – whether it be the ceremony, cocktail area or reception. And let’s not forget – signage is also very useful!
I’ll be sharing a few ideas and tips for different wedding sign ideas below. My best advice overall is be creative – this is an area where you can easily bring in personal touches and really wow your guests, while providing useful information to your guests at the same time.
BONUS: One of the perks of working with Swoon Events is that you get access to our templates for personal signs and seating charts, along with access to our inventory collection of signs, picture frames, table numbers, money boxes, styling accessories and so much more!
You can use a welcome sign for any part of your wedding – whether it be the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, or all three! It’s a great little touch to literally welcome your guests to your wedding and make them feel special. Don’t forget to add cute touches like a pretty garland across the top.
Seating charts have become increasingly popular over the last few years vs. seating cards. A seating chart is easier to set-up and can create a bigger impact as it is a large focal point. Here are a few tips:
– Framing your seating chart looks a lot more elegant than printing on a foam board
– If you decide to print on a foam board, ensure you add a garland or something else to jazz it up
– Be creative! You can create large-scale seating chart installations that will really WOW your guests
– Hire a calligrapher to write on a mirror or piece of wood – so classy!
– You can print vinyl to go on a mirror to look like calligraphy – see below for an example (2nd photo in the gold ornate mirror vs. 3rd photo in grey frame which is real calligraphy)
BONUS TIP: If your wedding is 130 guests or more, ensure you create the seating chart alphabetically and not by table number, as hundreds of guests will not be easily able to find their name by table number.
Keep everything cohesive with the look and feel that you are trying to achieve and you will be sure to impress your guests. I hope you gained some helpful tips and fun ideas from all this signage inspo!
Goodbye for now,